• Seniors: Graduation will be this Saturday, June 16th, 7pm, at Edmonds Stadium

• After school activities will operate as planned on June 7 after determining threat to be hoax

• MTHS entered total, then modified lockdown status after rumors of a threat of violence

Edmonds School District recognized for their music program

By Erin Martino, Hawkeye staff

Once again, the Edmonds School District was honored with a Best Communities for Music Education award by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation (NAMM)

The foundation is affiliated with the California-based non-profit organization National Association of Music Merchants.

According to NAMM’s website, “The NAMM Foundation recognizes outstanding efforts by teachers, administrators, parents, students and community leaders who have made music education part of the curriculum.” This year, of the thousands of school districts across the country considered, 583 received the award.

Edmonds was one of only two districts in Washington State to receive the award. This is the 10th year in a row Edmonds School District has received this award, previously winning two other times for 12 total recognitions.

NAMM Foundation considers factors such as music funding, music class participation, support for music programs and graduation requirements in their evaluation of the award-winning districts. Districts submit their answers to a detailed survey in the Fall and find out if they’ve won the award in the Spring.

About the Writer
Erin Martino, Staff
Erin Martino, a freshman at MTHS, is a Hawkeye staff photographer and videographer. She is excited to contribute to the newspaper, seasonal sports videos and other media this year. When she is not participating in Hawkeye, Erin plays tennis, cooks and enjoys other culinary experiences and plays with her two very energetic dogs. She appreciates...