Music dominates the podium at annual talent show

In past years, Terrace has participated in many talent shows. This year, the choir program put on a school wide talent show to help fundraise for items such as equipment. 13 acts with a variety of genres performed on Thursday, Nov. 16. Three of the four judges came back to Terrace as alumni dynamics students while the fourth judge is a music teacher from Brier Elementary.

Although there were many acts, only three were announced as winners.

“All of the performances were great, we took a long time to decide,” Brett Morrison, one of the returning alumni judges said.

In first place, junior Michael Malysh on the piano played a self composed piece called, “The Music Box.” In second place, sophomore Rhiannon Aguilar singing “Blue Lips.” In third, senior Paul Pratt singing, “My Defenses Are Down.”

Malysh, winner of the talent show, said this was his first time participating in a school talent show and if he thinks of a performance idea for next year, he will return.

The Terrace Improv team, Top Koala-T Improv, also made an appearance as well, playing “The Dating Game.”

Alumni judge, Joel Jewett, was impressed by the passion and talent of the contestants stating that it was a “hard decision to make.”

Overall, “It was well worth the setup,” senior Christopher Bottman, one of the MCs, said.