Jackson Freund

Jackson Freund, Lifestyle Editor

All content by Jackson Freund
Senior Micheal Wollan practices for the play days before the opening.

“Little Shop of Horrors” to premiere Wednesday

By Jackson Freund
January 15, 2019

Starting on January 16 and ending on January 19, the MTHS drama department is putting on the play “Little Shop of Horrors” with prices starting at $8 for everyone on the...

The treats and tricks of trick-or-treating

By Jackson Freund, Lifestyle Editor
October 19, 2018

Halloween is a night for people of all ages to dress up in costumes and go house to house in search of something to satisfy their sweet tooth. It is a night for fun and partying...

Retiring Spanish teacher Robin Shelly. Shelly has taught at MTHS for 15 years.

Shelly engraves her name in stone

By Jackson Freund, Lifestyle Editor
June 18, 2018

Robin Cogburn, now Robin Shelly as of Feb. 2018, has been teaching for 33 years total, of which 28 have been in Washington, and has taught at MTHS for 15 of those years as a Spanish...

Mack slams his opponent into the mats during a hotly contested match. Mack would go on to win the match. Mack was the only senior on the wrestling team this school year.

From Mat Man to Marines

By Jackson Freund, Lifestyle Editor
June 14, 2018

From an early age, senior Reyne Mack has been widely seen as a devoted member of multiple organizations and teams. He has been a Boy Scout since he was ten, he was a member of...

New Trump tarriffs

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye Staff
May 14, 2018

Robert Krieger From soda cans to foundations for buildings, aluminum and steel are key components in many products in America. These products play an important part in American...

Chill Out reigns victorious at regional championship

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
April 11, 2018

On April 4-7 the MTHS robotics team, 1778 or Chill Out, was on the winning team for the robotics Pacific Northwest Regional Championship in Portland. As well as winning, Chill...

Jazz 1 earns standing ovation at Hot Java Cool Jazz

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
April 11, 2018

“It’s a night to celebrate our local high schools,” Erin Combs, Starbucks Community Partnerships Manager and announcer of the night, said. The MTHS Jazz Ensemble 1 (Jazz...

SpaceX blasting off again

SpaceX blasting off again

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye Staff
March 23, 2018

Elon Musk is one of the richest and most well-known men in America, as well as the maker of the “Not a Flamethrower,” the owner of “The Boring Company,” the CEO of SpaceX...

Student Activists Speak Out Against Gun Violence

By Nolan DeGarlais and Jackson Freund
March 20, 2018

Ciara Laney February 14, 2018 started as a seemingly normal day at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School (MSDHS) in Parkland, Florida, a public high school with over 3,000 students....

Performances by bands of every age at Quad Concert

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
March 19, 2018

On Tuesday, March 6, MTHS hosted their 29th annual band Quad Concert, consisting of sixth graders, middle schoolers, MTHS’ Symphonic Band, Chamber Winds and jazz band. The...

“Springish” band concert exhibits folk themed songs

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
March 12, 2018

The MTHS band program had their “Spring” band concert on March 1 in the theater, or as band director Darin Faul called it, “The Springish Band Concert,” due to the recent...

“The Robber Bridegroom” musical to premiere Wednesday

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
January 9, 2018

The MTHS drama department will show off their first production of the year, “The Robber Bridegroom.” This musical will premiere in the theater from Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 7...

Band ensembles join for first full concert

By Jackson Freund, Hawkeye staff
December 6, 2017

The MTHS concert band, starting with the MTHS jazz ensembles, kicked off the first full band concert of the year on Thursday, Nov. 9. The full band started off with the song...

Load More Stories