• Main office to reopen Aug. 8; counseling and ASB offices reopen Aug. 21

• Schedules for 2018-2019 school year available on Skyward on Aug. 24 at 4 p.m.

• Back to school Hawk Walk on Aug. 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Required Math SBA makeups for students who missed testing

By Annika Prom, Lifestyle Editor

Updated 5/20/17, 3:57 p.m.

SBA test makeups will take place from Monday to Thursday. The list of students who need to make up the test are posted in the display case by the fines office and in the display case by the HUB.

Assistant Principal Peter Schurke sent an email to staff earlier today regarding state testing with the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA). He reported that about 99 students, most of whom are juniors, missed the math SBA on Thursday, May 18.

The English & Language Arts SBA took place from May 16-17, while the Math SBA is from May 18-19. Both tests are done within the span of two days due to having two parts.

Students who have missed at least one part of the Math SBA will be pulled out of class next week in order to make up the test.

Those who take the Math SBA depend on their math class or on their previous SBA score, which is based on a 4 point scale. Juniors who have not passed the SBA with a minimum score of 3 are required to take the test. Sophomores currently enrolled in algebra 2 or higher math have the option to take it this year or wait to take it next year.

Seniors who have not met graduation requirements are required to take the Math SBA. If they meet graduation requirements but have not scored at least a 3, they are encouraged to retake the test.

Lists of 10-12th grade students taking the SBA as well as their testing rooms are posted in the display case windows outside the main office and in the display case by the HUB. If a student’s name is on the list, they are testing. If their name is not on the list, then they are not testing.

About the Writer
Annika Prom, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Annika Prom is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Hawkeye and a Junior at MTHS. She joined the Hawkeye to further explore her love for getting to know people along with the ability to capture that in writing. She hopes to inspire the Hawkeye staff to realize their full potential so every member can find their niche....