Donations pour in for final Goodwill drive

UPDATE
©HAWKEYE image credit: Ian Dortsch
Volunteers sort out the donated items during the Goodwill Donation Drive.

The MTHS Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) held the third and final Goodwill Donation Drive of the school year on Saturday, May 13 in the upper parking lot of MTHS. Terrace families brought in a wide range of items to donate to Goodwill, including clothing, furniture and other household items.

Fines Manager Sandy Merten is the chairperson in charge of managing Goodwill Donation Drives for the PTSA.

“This donation drive was very successful and brought in about as many donations as the donation drive that took place in January,” Merten said.

Altogether, over $1000 worth of donations were brought in for Goodwill. Multiple trucks were required to take all of the donations to Goodwill, with different types of donations loaded onto different trucks. The main truck was filled with donations of clothes and miscellaneous household items while there was a separate truck carrying larger donations, such as furniture.

This was the last Goodwill Donation Drive PTSA operated for the school year. This year continued a tradition started by PTSA four years ago of running three annual donation drives for Goodwill.

“PTSA conducts these donation drives as a way to give back to the local community that continues to support us,” Merten said.

Other schools also operated donation drives for Goodwill this year as a result of MTHS PTSA sharing details with other local schools about how to operate the donation drives, such as Brier Terrace Middle School. PTSA ensured that other schools in the area could support their local communities.