©HAWKEYE image credit: Isaac Otis

Chromebooks: improvement or not?

October 26, 2016

Chromebooks enhance daily school work

For the past couple of years, we have been using Chromebooks in several classes, including English and history.

onlinemikaylasmith
               Mikayla Smith

While middle school students have had their own Chromebooks to use since the 2015-2016 school year, high school students haven’t had one-on-one access until this year.

This year each high school student in the school district has received their own Chromebook along with the middle school students. We are now allowed to bring the Chromebooks home to work on our school work without having to search through website after website to get where we need to be.

I personally love the Chromebooks. They’re cheaper than laptops you can buy in an electronic store and work just as well as them too. And since I’m a student who doesn’t have a computer or laptop to work from at home, it has made it easier for me to finish my assignments.]I no longer have to walk all the way to a public library or stay for hours after school just to get all my assignments done.

I personally love the Chromebooks. They’re cheaper than laptops you can buy in an electronic store and work just as well as them too. And since I’m a student who doesn’t have a computer or laptop to work from at home, it has made it easier for me to finish my assignments.

Since the educational system has become more electronic/online over the years, Chromebooks have only made our lives easier. They are always there for us and our teachers no longer have to plan their lessons around whether or not they’ll have the computer carts or not.

Our school board is only thinking of us, students and teachers. They issued the Chromebooks as a way to make our school lives and lessons as easy as they possibly can.

I do get that the Chromebooks have their drawbacks, such as printing and charging. But the district thought of that.

They signed us all up for a website to print from, called Papercut, so problem one solved. And charging them? It’s not so different from remembering to charge your phone or tablet?

I’m all for the Chromebooks. They make my school life easier, they’re cheap which helps the district save money for more important things and they’re portable which means you can do your work while in the area of public Wi-Fi, such as Starbucks or Denny’s.

Chromebooks aren’t as bad as people make them out to be.