• MBB: The Hawks to host Sehome once things thaw, that is

Filed under News, School News

Threats made to staff member lead to MTHS undergoing “soft lockdown”

Today at approximately 12:30 p.m., an email was sent out to MTHS staff alerting them of threats made to a staff member earlier this morning.

The threats were sent through phone calls and text messages, saying the sender would come to MTHS sometime that day to harm the recipient.

The staff member alerted administration, who put MTHS on a “soft lockdown,” in which they lock all exterior doors and station administrators throughout the hallways.

Principal Greg Schwab said this was due to both him and the rest of administration staying precautious and wanting to keep MTHS students and staff safe. He said it seems that the issue has been resolved, as no unwanted person ever entered or attempted to enter MTHS today.

Schwab also stressed that no students or other staff members were in harm today.

About the Writer
Stephi Smith, Executive Editor

Stephi Smith is one of the co-Editors-in-Chief of the Hawkeye. Her official title is Executive Editor.

This is Stephi’s fourth year on the Hawkeye. Last year, she created a Hawkeye Snapchat account with the hopes of advancing the organization’s coverage of online and social media reporting.

Prior to serving as Editor, she was the News Editor her junior year and Copy Editor her sophomore year, as well as taking the lead on the Crime and Police beat. During her sophomore year, she attended the JEA National Convention in Washington, D.C. where she learned she wanted to be a journalist. Since then, she’s fallen in love with reporting and reported on many different kinds of stories, from School Board meetings to sexual assault on campus.

Next year, Stephi will be attending the University of Missouri with a major in Journalism. As a career, she hopes to report on either crime, government and politics or education.