Game, set, season for Hawks as they fall 3-1 against Meadowdale

Playing Meadowdale (14-4) for the third time this season the Hawks (12-6) knew exactly what kind of challenge they were in for.

The Mavericks came out aggressive early on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 9, as they jumped all over the Hawks for a quick 25-16 victory in game one. The Hawks were forced to play defensively and reeling on their heels the entire game.

The second game was an entirely different story as Terrace overcame a momentum-killing lapse in focus by the officials, finding their confidence again and defeating the Mavericks 25-17. Throughout the afternoon, Meg Roberts and Madison Eich both had numerous powerful kills, evoking many impressed reactions from the crowd.

The third and fourth games were both nightmares for Terrace, with the Hawks unable to keep up with the relentless Meadowdale attack, suffering from communication and consistent confusion all over the court, especially in their fourth and final game of the season.

The Hawks put together an impressive season, compiling a 12-6 record and earning the number one seed for the 3A District 1 playoffs. The team started three seniors; Meg Roberts, Justine Kelly, and Madison Eich. Along with fellow seniors Lilianne Nguyen and Micha Jackson, they formed the heart and soul of a dedicated and dominating Hawks team, leading them to one of the better season finishes in school history.