Erin Keating

Erin+Keating

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0XlVL9nxk

You may have seen her face on HBN, anchoring the local news. You may have also seen her at band concerts throughout the past four years. For those of you who don’t know this hard-working and very involved student, her name is Erin Keating.

Keating moved to Mountlake Terrace her freshman year of high school from Canyon Park Junior High School.

Not knowing very many people and leaving friends behind, Erin found her first few months of high school being the “new girl.”

“When I first came here I was extremely shy and quiet. I never really had to make friends before so I didn’t really know how… But one day I finally worked up enough courage to ask John Moore if I could sit with him at lunch. I was extremely nervous and scared. Little did I know that John would convince me to do ASB which subsequently boosted my confidence.”

She has been on ASB since her sophomore year, serving as class representative sophomore year and treasurer junior year.

She has also been an avid member on HBN since her junior year.

This year, Keating was part of the ASB “Big Six,” serving as the secretary.

Coupled with part of Big 6, Keating was also executive producer on HBN. She represented HBN at the national student journalism convention in San Antonio this past fall.

She was also in Chamber Winds band where she played clarinet. She also reached the academic achievement of being on Honors Society with a 3.5 GPA which she kept throughout her high school years.

Keating is attending Oregon State University where she wants to major in New Media Communications.

“I was looking at classes and I was looking at HBN and I really liked being on TV, as clichéd as that sounds. But once I got in, I learned more of the behind-the-scenes type things and the ropes of it, and I really enjoyed that too along with anchoring. So, I guess just overall being on TV.”

For the summer, Keating aims to work her part-time job at Cold Stone Creamery, and hang out with her friends before she leaves for college.