Get your commemorative basketball poster

Members of the Hawks men’s basketball team autograph the poster commemorating their 4th place finish in state this year. (Angelo Comeaux | HBN)

Exclusive limited edition poster is available free to students, staff and community members to honor the WIAA 3A 4th place men’s basketball team and the incredible 2012-2013 season

Members of the Hawks men's basketball team autograph the poster commemorating their 4th place finish in state this year.
Members of the Hawks men’s basketball team autograph the poster commemorating their 4th place finish in state this year.

Unveiled at last night’s team banquet, the commemorative poster honoring the 2012-2013 men’s basketball team is now officially available free to students, staff, parents, community members and other Hawks fans. The posters are available at the MTHS ASB office. Members of the team sat and autographed dozens of the posters last night and at both lunches today for fans.

The poster features all 13 members of this year’s varsity squad who finished 4th in the state at the WIAA playoffs in the Tacoma Dome. For more on the Hawks season, please click here. The phrase across the top of the poster reads “Back 2 Back” in recognition of the fact that the team has participated in the state playoffs each of the past three years and made it to the elite 8 last year and this year.

The Hawkeye’s photo/graphics editor, Kyra Dahlman, created the poster. Dahlman did all of the design work for the second year in a row on this project, including taking all of the photos. The poster was underwritten by the Hawkeye, the men’s basketball team, the Sports Boosters Club and ASB and printed at Snohomish Publishing.