Hot Java Cool Jazz Money raised for local high school music programs; Jazz I wows the crowd

On Friday, April 15, the Mountlake Terrace Jazz Ensemble one played at the 16th annual Hot Java Cool Jazz event at the Paramount Theater. Every year, the school that sells the most tickets for the event receives a $2,000 incentive on top of the money raised by the tickets they sold.

This year Terrace received roughly $7,000 from ticket sales for the event sold at local Starbucks and  from tickets that the music boosters bought and sold. Terrace received the incentive for their amazing number of ticket sales with around 375 tickets sold.

The money given to the school by this event will go towards the music program here at Terrace, helping to bridge some of the budget shortfalls that MTHS and others around the nation have been feeling in recent years.

This event has helped local high school music programs for the past 16 years by creating a fantastic venue and a fundraising opportunity.

Starbucks shows their support for music education in the area by continuing to sponsor and underwrite Hot Java Cool Jazz.