Ongoing investigation underway regarding suspect in blue sedan approaching local women

The Mountlake Terrace Police Department (MLTPD) has sent out a notice requesting assistance in identifying a suspect or suspects that has two reported incidents from the past week.

The first incident, on Friday, May 26, at approximately 2:30 p.m., two girls under 18-years-old were walking in the 22000 block of 52nd Ave W. They reported that an adult male passed the two several times while driving, turning around and staring directly at them as they passed.

One of the girls attempted to photograph the man and he fled, according to the police notice.

The following Tuesday, at 1:22 p.m., an adult female reported that, while standing in the 21400 block of 50th Ave W, she was approached by an unknown male who propositioned her. The woman declined his advance and the subject allegedly became angry and threatened the woman.

In both incidents, the subject’s vehicle was described as a light blue sedan and the subject was described as a middle-aged male, possibly of Caucasian or Hispanic descent. He was reported having dark hair and unshaven.

ESD sent out a notice Thursday informing students what happened. However, principal Greg Schwab said he believes it is a general Mountlake Terrace related issue and is not specific to MTHS. Furthermore, he said that the notice from MLTPD does not specify whether or not the two young women from the first incident are MTHS students.

Schwab said that this information, like other incidents that may put MTHS students in danger, was shared with ESD families and the district will share updates as they come in. In addition, the MLTPD is continuing to investigate these reports.

The MLTPD requests that if you have any information about the suspect, please contact Det. Sgt. Pat Lowe at 425-670-8260. If you see the light blue sedan, call 9-1-1.