Schwab hired as assistant superintendent for ESD

By Stephi Smith, Executive Editor

Greg Schwab has been the principal since the 2004-2005 school year. Starting in July he becomes an assistant superintendent.

Principal Greg Schwab has been selected to serve as an assistant superintendent starting next school year for the Edmonds School District (ESD).

The position will go into effect July 1, for the 2017-2018 school year. ESD Superintendent Kris McDuffy made the announcement earlier today.

“Greg Schwab has accepted the position and will bring his depth of leadership experience to the District level,” she wrote in an ESD-wide email.

The assistant superintendent oversees all principals and other administrators working in ESD middle and high schools, along with other major employees and works closely with the ESD superintendent.

Schwab applied for a similar position in 2012 and was named a finalist then, but was not selected at the time. When current Assistant Superintendent Patrick Murphy announced he was hired as Olympia School District Superintendent and would be leaving ESD, Schwab applied once again.

“It’s a hard decision to leave [MTHS], but I’m excited to work with ESD. It’s a great place,” he said.
Related story: Schwab selected as finalist for ESD assistant superintendent position