Hawks improve to 6-1 with historic victory over Warriors

For the first time in the last ten years, perhaps ever, Men’s Tennis beat Edmonds-Woodway on Sept. 20 with a score of 5-2.

The Head Coach, Alberto Ramirez, had nothing but good things to say about his team. Although they had an outstanding match, there were some complications. Due to the fact that two MT players were playing out of order, the official score had to be determined by the league. Two days later the line up issue was resolved and they got to keep the scores the way the match ended.

In the ten years that Ramirez has been coaching at Terrace, he says this team is by far the best.

They are working very hard every practice to improve their game as much as possible. They all want to enjoy the season but at the same time they want to have the memories and the pride of knowing that perhaps this group is the best that Terrace ever had” Ramirez said.

The stats speak for themselves on how the Men’s Tennis team are doing this year. With an overall 6 wins and 1 loss and 38 individual wins and 11 individual losses, the Hawks are second in Wesco South 3A standings.

“We are focusing on getting ready for the next match but never forgetting about the big price. At this point we know that winning the conference is within reach so it is very important to stay on track and keep working harder every day.” Ramirez said.

Their next game is Tue, Sept. 27 at 3:30 at Kellogg MS against Shorecrest.