So long, farewell 2015

Goodbye and I’ll see (some of) you next year

It’s June. Graduation is next week. Seniors are headed off to college, military, work and other adventures. For those of us returning next year, we get to look forward to a long summer break.

Before we get out of here for the summer, I want to offer up some thank you’s to the people who make MTHS such a special place.

First, thank you to the amazing staff of teachers in our school. Our teachers care very much about student success and they work diligently each day to help make sure that you are learning as much as you can in each of your classes. We are truly fortunate to have teachers who work so hard and care so much about the success of all students!

Second, thank you to our classified employees. These are the people who work behind the scenes to make sure our school runs smoothly.

Our Kitchen Staff makes sure that breakfast and lunch are prepared each day.

Our Custodial Staff makes sure our building is clean and well-cared for. Jerry Myers makes sure our campus is safe and that students are where they are supposed to be. Sue VanSenus helps make sure that our 9th graders and other students are being successful in their classes. Mike Boxley who works hard in a tough job managing student discipline and making sure our school policies are followed by all.

Our Educational Assistants work to help support students in the classroom and assist our teachers in delivering an excellent education to all our students.

And finally our Office Professionals who make sure our school runs smoothly each day and support our students and staff in so many ways.

Third, I want to thank our athletic coaches and club advisors. The performances by our athletic teams during all three of our sport seasons would not be possible if we did not have caring and committed coaches who work tirelessly to prepare their athletes to be successful on the field, court, pool, or course. Congratulations to our programs and athletes who represented our school so well! The many clubs and groups that we have in our school are possible because of the dedication of staff members who stepped up and took on these roles.

Fourth, thank you to our Performing Arts teachers and students. We have truly outstanding programs that are competitive at the national level and produce some truly talented student performers in vocal music, instrumental music, and drama. These students and staff are another reminder of what makes MTHS such an outstanding place to go to school.

Finally, thank you to our ASB. You have done an excellent job this year in providing leadership to our school and helping to create a place where all students are welcomed and supported.

To everyone, I wish you all the best and hope that you have an amazing summer!