Letter to the editor: more perspectives should be represented

First off, I would like to thank you for a newspaper that is very well done. I appreciate the different viewpoints, especially on topics and sides that the media, in general, doesn’t really display. I also really enjoy how it seems that your writers are not afraid to express their opinions, no matter how different or controversial they may be. The liberalness of this paper is inspiring and eye-opening.

That being said, I would like to request that when you do a story, especially one with more than one or two sides, that you expose the school to more than one side of the story. Maybe you put them side-by-side, or maybe you don’t, I don’t know. But I would definitely be interested to see what more sides of the story thinks, instead of just one person or one side.

An example is when you covered “White Privilege in America.” I was excited to read how black people feel, from a black point of view, living in America, but I would have liked to see a white person’s point of view on the same topic.

If the paper is going to be liberal, and I’m glad it is, then please let us make our own decisions as far as sides and facts.

Keep up the good work!

Mindy Felber

Sophomore