Letter to the editor: STEM classes lead the way to a brighter future

Technology has been evolving ever since tools were used. Today, we are at the point where we have discovered many things, but the knowledge we have today is just the tip of the iceberg when dealing with the hundreds of thousands of secrets waiting to be discovered. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) classes are trying to teach and prepare students for careers in these fields of study.

Not only do these classes teach about technology, but they also teach about leadership. Leadership is another important part to this career path and many others. This can help with jobs, community work, team or group work, projects and even families. You could think of it as teaching all of life’s requirements in just a few classes.

I began the STEM program in middle school and I’ve loved it ever since. Continuing the program into high school was no mistake. The bigger and better tools available gave me and many others a greater opportunity to design and create cooler and complex products.

I do not regret joining and sticking to the STEM program. This program has definitely helped me in pursuing my dreams to become an aerospace engineer. I have been introduced into a designing program where you could make almost anything. Because this class provides “hands on” experiences, I believe this is a great and forever memorable class.

This generation is stepping towards a more advanced and technical future, alongside with a better community relationship. STEM classes are beginning to be integrated into school systems across the United States. If you have any interest in building and designing things to your wildest imagination, try out the STEM program for yourself.

Josh Ignacio

Freshman